Tuesday 18 August 2015

At Last



At last, I can present Janalya to you, and you can enjoy the story as much as I do - well, I hope you will.

I started this story a long time ago. When I originally had my idea for it, my main character was going to be a witch that could control the weather, then I got Beautiful Creatures out of the library and thought "Uh Oh - that's kinda  been done already ."

So I decided to make Janalya have power over my favourite element - the wind. Nothing I like better than a windy day, especially if I'm by the sea or on the edge of a cliff. Add some more elementals to even things out and you have the supporting teenage characters.

Now for the 'bad' to act against Janalya. Shape shifters seemed like an obvious choice to me, but not wolves. Don't get me wrong, I like wolves, but, apart from the fact that there are lots of books with shape shifting wolves in them, I had already used them in a short story for the Authors For Charity book, Paranormal Love. So, I needed something else - and what better than panthers? I love panthers. They're so mysterious, sleek and powerful - they make great shape shifters.

Before I go, I want to say Thank You to the lovely Iida Loiske to agreeing to pose for my cover.



Book Blurb:
Janalya is an air elemental, searching for others of her kind.

Katsuo is Shatara, a shape-shifting panther.

History decrees that they are enemies, but fate seems to be handing them different roles. What is Janalya’s true destiny, and is it more complex than even she knew?
 
 
Janalya is available on kindle on the 22nd August, but can be pre-ordered before that date.
To follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/MarieGodley
Google+ Google+
Thank you all for stopping by to read my latest post and I hope you enjoy the book. Get in touch once you've read it and let me know what you liked about it. Who was your favourite character?
Marie
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment